At 3/16/2007 18:34, you wrote:
>Joe,

>Re the Diamond antenna:  No, due to quality difference between it and a
>commercial-grade antenna.  Consider a DB antenna.

This isn't a comm. site installation, just someone's home.  So unless money
is of no consideration I'd stick with the Diamond.  A commercial antenna
having the same gain as the Diamond is going to be very heavy & expensive,
& will offer no advantage in coverage from a low-level location.

The UHF connector on your Diamond antenna can be a problem, but if you mate
a silver-plated PL-259 to it you should be OK.

Bob NO6B