Joe,

You will be better off if you stay away from the
LMR400 type of coax due to the braid can rub against
the shield (dissimilar metals) and create noise in
your repeater system.

Yes, I would replace your coax run with Heliax cable
which is sometimes called hard line.

I use Andrew LDF4-50A 1/2" Heliax on VHF runs up to
150 Ft and I use LDF5-50A 7/8" Heliax on UHF runs over
75 Ft. Make sure you install grounding kits on each
Heliax cable before entering your home for lightning
protection. Connect this to a good copper lightning
rod earth ground.

I use RG-142B/U for most of my in cabinet connections
and more recently have switched to installing Andrew
FSJ1-50 1/4" heliax inside in the cabinet on UHF
because of its lower loss.

I would not use the Diawa wattmeter permanently on the
output of the duplexer. Use a Bird 43 with N
connectors and the proper slug. When not using the
meter, turn the slug 90 degrees so that the meter is
grounded and protected from lightning strikes.

I use high quality commercial antennas because most of
my repeaters are located at high elevation sites that
demand the best antennas due to the extremes of
weather conditions. I would recommend the DB408
antenna for UHF. I have several of them in Amateur
service. I would recommend the Sinclair or DB
antennas.

The Diamond antenna would be ok for your home
location. I have a UHF repeater at my home and I use
the Diamond X50 antenna on my tower at 60 Ft and it
works well. I feed it with 75 Ft of 1/2" Heliax cable.
That is the only place I use a Diamond antenna.

For all outside coax connections, make sure you use
butyl rubber and good 3M type 88 tape to seal them up
to keep moisture out.

I also use Micor stations at my repeater sites. I have
one on 2Mtrs at an 11,000 Ft site near Salt Lake. It
has been in operation there since it was installed
back in 1973. Yes, I have had to maintain it over the
years and rebuilt the PA a few times but it has
provided many years of trouble free operation! I am
curious what problems you have had with yours?

I also use the Kenwood TKR-750 and TKR-850 repeaters
at some sites and they both work fine too. I have had
years of trouble free service with them.

I mainly use the GE Mastr II stations at all my sites.
I have had very good results with these radios.

Most of my repeaters are linked together so when you
key one up, they all key up together.

Thanks,

John Lloyd, K7JL
Intermountain Intertie