Gentlemen,

I really appreciate all of your responses. They contain a wealth of
experience. I have studied and printed them for a reference. They
have provided me a long term plan.

As for the UHF Micor questions, I have two Micors modified with
everything working including ComSpec PL tone encode and decode with 3
pole active filter to remove the PL tone from my links and from the
Micor speaker. The Micor receivers work great at -113 dbm for 20 db
quieting. My Angle Linear preamp and 7 cavities, gives me a measured -
-122 dbm for 20 db quieting with no measurable desense (except vary
occasionally a slight desense from noise generated either from inside
my Diamond X510MA antenna set screw connections, or from my LMR-400
coax, or from remaining cracked traces inside my Micor. When I take
my Diamond antenna down again I will solder all of the screw Collet
connections between the elements.

The Micor transmitters work great thru the LLA Low Level Amp (1.6
watts output from the LLAs). The power control loop is saturated
calling for more power with a 20 watt set point, so the problem is in
the PAs somewhere. I have changed the "doglegs" (circulator assy.)
also. The DC current jumps up once in a while about 4 amps DC from
normal. One PA has one chip cap with a hairline crack. Sometimes the
COS from the squelch board keeps triggering without a receiver signal
(with the Micor Tx on and driven from another link). These are just
the latest problems. I have gotten this far after a year of
continuous work on the Micor and it's spare. I have learned a lot,
but the Micors have finally worn me down. I have built my first
repeater system with IRLP, Echolink, 2 meter remote base, 1-1/4 meter
remote base, 0.7 meter remote base, Doug Hall RBI-1 interface, Arcom
RC-210 controller, and autopatch/reverse autopatch. All of this is
working reliably except the Micor. I have finally given up on the
Micor. I want to do other things, like add a 4th remote base to CQ100
(virtual HF voip) controllable from my HT via DTMF thru my repeater.
Therefore I have ordered a Kenwood TKR-850 repeater 25 watt
(continuous) to replace the Micor. That should make everything
reliable again, and I can concentrate on other improvements -
hardline, antenna solder joints, remote base 4, and actually using my
system.

Thanks for all of your answers, and I welcome any more comments. I
hope I answered all of your questions too.

I am on www.QRZ.com under my call.

Joe
KC7GHT