At 12:14 AM 03/18/07, you wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>Has anyone ever seen an intermittent transmit issue with an MCS2000?
>When I key up, it will key the transmitter for about one second then
>drop and then key up again and drop and then key up again until I let
>go of the PTT. I have tried using two differrent heads with the same
>issue and I don't get any error codes when I turn the unit on and it
>does it's self test. I made sure the their is no timeout timer defined
>in the CPS. Anything I can do to adjust it in the tuner software?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Put a DC voltmeter across the back of the radio, measure the
voltage, then press the PTT button.  I'll bet that you are seeing
enough voltage sag that the microprocessor resets.

Don't forget that the radio draws less than 1 amp on receive
and probably over 8 on transmit.  Any resistance (like due to
a too-small-in-diameter wire, or a bad crimp connection in a
fuse holder) will cause a voltage drop.

I know  gentleman that has a 2-way shop.  His rule of thumb
is no more than 3/10 of a volt drop between receive and transmit.

Mike WA6ILQ