-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gareth Bennett
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 3:35 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] TKR-750 P/A Failures

Thanks for the feedback Gents... (Eric, I will get the serial number to you
for your info).

... Interestingly this repeater was operating on a very lightly loaded
channel, through a TX combiner, so was seeing a nice 50Z load. It was
running at 50 watts but out of one hour there would have been only 10
minutes of that time in TX. Of the 15 Watts @ 7 Amps, the signal was so very
spurious that for the health of the site it was removed from service
immediately.
    As for the RX sensitivity, I know the Tech who commissioned the -750 and
he is pretty pedantic, often bordering on the extreme, so I can only
summarise that it was set up correctly and according to the book. (As was
the VXR-9000).
    What alerted us to the fault was not the complaint of low TX power, as 9
times out of 10  the subscriber would not be able to recognise the
difference between 15 or 50 watts, but the incredible amount of crap that
this thing was spewing out all over the band, and into other channels on
site when keyed. Once on site Spec-An proved the culprit pretty quick :-)

Regards

Gareth Bennett