At 3/19/2007 18:52, you wrote:
>Question for the gurus: I am tuning up and donating an E.F. Johnson CR1100
>repeater to the local Ham Club. They have asked me to install a talking,
>chirping, beeping type repeater controller (which they have offered to
>buy). I work with basic "repeater, one each" type stuff, so I have no idea
>where to start. I welcome any opinions of a repeater controller that meets
>the following somewhat carefully thought out criteria:
>
>1. Reasonably affordable. (a couple hundred bucks or so)

Here, essentially you get what you pay for.  I consider LinkComm & S-Com to
be the top of the line in repeater controllers, but you'll pay a bit more,
especially for the LinkComm RLC-Club, but it easily satisfies all the other
requirements.

>2. It has to talk, beep and chirp.

Just about every controller beeps.  By "chirp" do you mean fancy sound
effects?  Some of the cheaper controllers only have simple beeps & won't
"chirp".

Bob NO6B