Personally I don't like the RCA connector for power use. Assuming the
female is chassis mounted, as it has been on a number of pieces of
equipment (DEMI transverters come to mind), that means there's a
mating male connector with +12VDC on the exposed pin, just looking
for something to short out with. Granted, it may see very few
insertions/extractions, but when extracted it exposes a live pin. A
pigtail on the equipment with a male connector could be used, making
the power source available on a female inline connector.
PowerPoles are a much better choice IMHO, and they can be chassis
mounted with some insulating shoulder washers, like power transistors
& banana connectors often are.

At 11:43 AM 3/23/2007, you wrote:
>How about using an RCA connector for power? I have a TX/RX Systems
>preamp that has a male RCA plug threaded into the case to supply it
>with 12 VDC.
>
>Chuck
>WB2EDV

Thanks,