They want the input to be high enough so limiting
occurs after the low-pass filter. That seems to happen
with their test signal of 100mV RMS input, so your
800mVP-P (around 280mV RMS) is more than sufficient.

There may not be a maximum limit, but I can't see any
radio's discriminator output giving you more than a
few volts RMS. The real limiting factor is the power
supply voltage on the low-pass filter and how much
distortion you will accept.

Bob M.
======
--- Gran Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Interfacing a GE Master II to a TS-32 for PL decode.
>   Comm Spec
> gives a 100 mV RMS test spec for troubleshooting but
> they don't give
> me a input minimum or maximum.  At present the
> discriminator output
> is 800mVP-P with about a 200 mV RMS value.  My knee
> jerk is that this
> is about 8 to 10 times too much.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Gran
>
> K6RIF

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time