[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Jim, you may be my last hope. I have an HW-24 talkie and need to change
> the encode/decode tone frequency. Most functions are pretty straight
> forward, but for the life of me I can't remember how to set the tone
> frequency.
>
> If you could enlighten me, I would sure appreciate it.
>
> 73 - Jim W5ZIT

Sorry-I have no idea. I never had the handheld version, and the mobile
is just a case of hitting the 'F' then the tone button, and dialing up
what you want.

Someone once had some mods that would do things like add a short
hangtime to the crossband repeat, fix the memories so that you could put
  custom tones and offsets in all the memories, not just some, and other
stuff. I had it hardcopy, but seem to have lost it...
--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL