--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Jim B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "crackedofn0de" cracked@
> > wrote:
> >> I just interfaced one of these to an Arcom RC210 controller for
> >> automatic announcement and broadcast of NOAA warnings in my county.
> > If
> >> you're interested, see below URL for a photo with the hookup
points.
> >> This turned out to be pretty simple and works just as an expensive
> >> commercial rack mount weather receiver, but for about $40.
> >>
> >> http://n0de.org/k7icu/r/wr100.html
>
> Does that actually respond to the turn-off code? The Midland I have
> doesn't shut off right away-it has a timer that goes for 5 minutes,
then
> shuts off the audio. Can't remember the number, WR-something, but it
> looks newer then that one.
> --
> Jim Barbour
> WD8CHL

According to the WR-100 manual:

"NWS can set the active time of the alert from 15 minutes up to 6 hours.
When the designated time has passed, the weather radio display message
and light will automatically reset to their normal appearance."

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  Looks like I better program
in some way to keep the weather receiver from hanging my repeater TOT
for hours and hours...

(I'm not sure how you can get much newer than the WR-100.  I just bought
it new a few weeks ago.)

James K7ICU