Wow! Just the project I've been waiting for!--got a few MO and GE mobiles in
the shed--let's go!
from ve5ned

On 4/11/07, skipp025 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Re: Poor Mans Repeater Project anyone?

Would some of you group members be interested in a "Poor Mans
Repeater Project" as described below?

The project goal would be to construct a simple repeater using
various/mixed radio parts. We as a group would talk about various
portions of the repeater during actual construction of a project
by at least one or two (probably more) group members.

The project would more likely be surplus two-way conversion and/or
ki-built related radio equipment as anyone can buy a pre-made
repeater system.

We'd toss around a few ideas first and then try to aquire
equipment and make it work as best possible.

Converted mobile radios..? Converted base or commercial repeaters?
Junk bought off ebay... yadda yadda. Duplexer... no duplexer, high
power, low-power. You get the idea...

Might be fun and a way to get good information and various
opinions out to the group. A lot of you don't have the money for
some of these bells and whistles we talk about. So why not go
back to our roots and build a repeater from scratch.

Anyone interested?

cheers,
skipp

--