Bill Hudson wrote:

> Let me help you a little with this 38 vs. 38A thing.
<snip>
> If you were talking to someone with a 38 on the repeater, and the other
> station answers (keys up) during the hang delay, the repeater passes the
> audio from the responding station, but drops out after the normal hang
> delay, and keys up again, dropping critical words and carrier in the
> process.  The 38A solved this, but still is junk.

My solution to that would be to set the hang time to about 1 sec, and
set time out timers such that you have to let the hang time expire to
reset the timer.

I know whatever tone panel EFJ supplied with the CR1010's was made by
Zetron, and it had no end of problems with adjacent tone falsing.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL