Ok I have received lots of information and ideas and plan to check or
apply them as I get time. As for the location of the repeater it is
located at my house on a 45 ft tower. It is not located at a commercial
site so I dont have those problems. The phasing harness on the AFM-44
is NEW. I happend on a fellow a few years ago that had 3 brand new ones
and when i put this antenna back up at its location now it went up with
a new harenss. I also have a COMMERCIAL grade Maxrad UHF antenna on the
tower that I am going to switch to and see if the noise goes away.
And yes i understand that 1/2 hardlind can be had pretty cheap,
especially in short runs. But I need 4 connectors and those are not
cheap!Plus I dont fancy a climb up a HDBX tower to change feedline that
runs up the tower and up a 18ft mast. And I am dont have a money tree
in the back yard! A pool yes but not a money tree.
And as far as movement of the feedline there is NONE and I mean none.
The feedline is strapped to the tower/mast at abt every 6-8 inches all
the way to the grounding board. The only movement would be the very
slight movment of the tower in a wind and the noise is NOT wind related.
>From the grounding board the feedline is bundled with 7 other coax runs
the come in the the shack abt 12 feet away. Once again there is NO
movment of this feedline due to the way I have it bundled/anchored.
Oh and when I say I moved the repeater I mean I not only moved it in
frequency but I moved it 1500 miles from Missouri to Arizona!
I plan to run thru all the ideas/information that everyone has posted.
we will see what happens and I will post if I find a problem or not.
Also I plan to change the internal jumper that runs from the receiver
input to the RCA jack inside the case.
Anyone have a couple of these OEM cables that are abt 16 inches long? I
am having a heck of a time finding a GOOD right angle RCA plug like GE
used.

Thanks to all for the help!!!

Dan/NØFPE