I have a Brady ID-Pro and a Brady TLS2200, the former of which has seen
better days.  Unless you have a financially-viable reason to spend the money
on a wire labeler, you're probably better off buying sheets of
laser-printable wire labels.  They come in regular 8.5x11" sheets.  You can
get different size labels depending on how big the wire diameter is and how
much length/print area you need.

I have some from Panduit and some from T&B.  One of them is rather flimsy,
but unfortunately I can't remember which is which right now (I'm out of town
at the moment).  These are the self-laminating type where the upper portion
of the label has a solid white print area and the bottom 2/3 or thereabouts
is clear.  After you print them up, you stick the label on the wire
white-part-first, and then wrap the clear part around to laminate over the
printed area to protect the laser toner from rubbing off.  I usually
batch-print the laser-printable ones to start off big jobs, and then use the
TLS2200 to "fill in" errors and omissions.  One potential snag is that I
don't know of anyone that sells them by the sheet.  I think the boxes I have
are packs of 50 sheets.  If you get desparate I can send you a sheet.

Brother now also makes P-Touch cartridges that are specifically meant for
wire marking.  Haven't tried them though.  If you already have a P-Touch
labeler, this would probably be the cheapest route.

                                        --- Jeff