I had DC fans on a Henry 100w repeater amp. The first
time they came on there was a terrible buzz on the
transmitted audio. It never bothered the receive
audio.

Henry supplied some AC fans and that took care of my
problem.

One way to test whether it's mechanical or EMI is to
stop the fans from rotating. If the buzz stays there,
it's EMI; if the buzz goes away, it's mechanical. I
actually had a little mechanical noise, but I took
care of that by using some rubber grommets between the
cabinet and the MaxTrac exciter, around the mounting
screws. ABsolutely quiet now.

Bob M.
======