Eric Lemmon wrote:

> I have installed and/or specified several repeater systems at my work, which
> has many buildings that are Butler-type, completely metal with very few
> perimeter windows.  A six-element Yagi antenna is on the roof, pointing to
> one of several cell sites.  A BDA (Bi-Directional Amplifier) is on the wall
> inside the building, and a simple dipole antenna is mounted upside-down on
> the dropped ceiling near the BDA.  This works perfectly for the majority of
> workers in the building.

Beware!!! It is a violation of FCC rules to install and operate a BDA
without the permission of the licensee, and this includes cellular!
Many illegally and improperly installed BDA's have been shut down by the
FCC and authorities in the last few years, primarily due to interference
they were creating.
Go to: <http://www.rfsolutions.com> for information.

--
Jim Barbour