I have several Vocom amps in service, Cresend backs them up 100%, their service
and response is nothing less than fantastic. never had an issue with them.
Lance N2HBA
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nate Duehr
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:09 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] VoCom UHF amp

  On 4/24/07, Al Wolfe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > Group,
  > I recently aquired a VoCom UHF amplifier, model UVC100-18R, with some
  > other stuff. It is presently tuned to 464 mHz, at least according to its
  > nameplate and its former usage.

  The website shows that to order the Vocom line, you must provide input
  frequency and drive, indicating that there's possibly some tuning on
  the input.

  > Can it be easily tuned to 444 mHz? Is tech data available somewhere? It
  > seems that VoCom was bought/adsorbed by Cresend. Cresend still sells VoCom
  > products but don't list much tech data on their website. Haven't even opened
  > the case yet so don't know if there are adjustments. What should I look out
  > for?

  It would appear (like in many companies) that the budget for the
  website comes from sales/marketing and not the support group or
  Engineering, so they have little technical information up there.

  Why not just call them and ask, Al? They have an 800 number, so the
  call is free... 800 USA MADE. Cute.

  You're going to need to know how good/bad they are at customer service
  when/if the thing blows up anyway...

  Might as well get through whatever processes they have to make
  yourself a "known entity". Heck, they might even be smart enough to
  put you on a mailing list for any known technical issues that come
  up... unlikely, but if they're REALLY good... maybe.

  In fact, it's always fun to ASK if they have such a program. Always
  gets someone in the support group all excited and then they talk to
  the manager, and then a year later... they have one. (HA!)

  Let 'em know they need more tech specs and details up on their
  website, while you have 'em on the phone. (GRIN)

  Who knows? Maybe they'll give you a free re-tune for the idea?
  Yeah... right... haven't heard of anyplace doing customer service like
  THAT for a long time... sigh...

  Nate WY0X