we have about 5 or 6 of them all with power supplies all with Micor receivers
let me know what you need and I can get you a price.
 John

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Wright, Skywarn Coodinator
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:20 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Spectrum Communications

  Joel,

  If you are looking for just a receiver Motorola made a nice Micor
  receiver in a 19" rack mount box. The only problem it was made to
  plug into their unified chassis mainly got get it power. I've taken
  these and built an AC supply inside.

  The box will hold a VHF or UHF receiver. I've seen these at Hamfest
  for $10. I normally use them for control rcvrs, but still work very
  well for repeater. They have a 5 cavity helical front end and were
  made to work in harsh RF enviorment.

  Not sure if you are into building up something like this for it does
  take a little work. Knowledge is king. Just takes a little work and
  you really learn something and get a very good piece of equipment.

  Spectrum is from the 70s when a Micor cost $1,000s and the tube stuff
  was still being used. It was easy to go with Spectrum for less than
  $1000 then, but today the Micors and GE Mastrs are real cheap; less
  than $50 for a complete rig. I've bought Micor base stations
  complete in cabinet with AC supply for $50. Most hams have no idea
  what it is and if one learns it one can have excellent repeaters for
  little money...well the radio part any way, hi. Still need good
  money in the antenna system.

  73, ron, n9ee/r

  --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Al Wolfe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  > Re: Spectrum Communications
  > Posted by: "Joel Nadler" [EMAIL PROTECTED] nn6j
  > Date: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:53 am ((PDT))
  >
  > skipp,
  >
  > thanks for the idea. Do you have any suggestions as to which
  compay to
  > order a receiver from. Our repeater is near other repeaters and we
  don't
  > want any rf interference.
  >
  > Joel

  > Joel,
  > The most bullet proof receivers are still the Micor and Mastr
  II. They
  > are the gold standards by which others are judged. They may be a
  thirty
  > years old design but will still out last all of us if maintained.
  They are