Yes, I am talking about the ham bands, 70cm and 2m.

I am using a dual band FT-60R as my H/T.  I can receive the repeaters
in question about 75% of the time, so I would be looking to operate
full duplex. Also, I don't want to deal with feedback issues.  Which
wouldn't be an issue with the 60.

Now, I do have an FT-530 which can x-band repeat, but there is the
problem of low wattage output and no id for the remote equipment.
Otherwise I'd just look for a dual band amp and be done with it.

I understand about the ID requirement for remote transmitters.

I need to know what equipment I need.  i.e.controller, duplexer,
whatever...  Has anyone built one, that can tell me what I need
besides the 2 radios?  Do I just need the controller and wire it to my
radios?

Has anyone ever taken a Pyramid SVR-200 into the ham band?  Pyramid
says the VCO will go out of lock if I try to.   What about other
brands of mobile repeaters?

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, George Henry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I presume you are talking about the ham bands....
>
> At the very least, for 1-way crossbanding the radio that will
receive the signals from your HT must provide an carrier-detect output
that will be used to key the other radio, and you must provide an
audio path between the radios.  For 2-way ("full") crossbanding, you
would need carrier-detect outputs from both radios, and audio paths in
both directions.

> More info would be helpful, as there are ID issues to contend with,
depending on whether you do 1-way or 2-way crossbanding.  This is an
issue that MANY (most?) people doing crossband repeat with dual-band
ham rigs do not understand, and consequently, do not do legally.  Is
your HT single-band or dual-band?  If dual-band, can you hear the
repeater(s) directly with it?  If so, you'd only need 1-way
crossbanding, and that simplifies things a little...