Other than the HP I just mentioned in my last post... I
cut my teeth on the Halcyon... and it was actually a very
easy/nice unit to use. Not to mention it is/was very well
made. We beat the snot out of ours and it never died.

Helper Instruments never made a bad box that I ever saw. I
have a number of their boxes...  I'll even get around to
scanning the rare/elusive Helper Catalog with Company History
if anyone is interested.  And I know a small bit about the
Zetron part of Helper Instruments.

Vega even made a tone/line test box...

Since people often don't know what these boxes are used for...
they go pretty darn cheap on ebay.

cheers,
skipp