So, in answer to your question below Jim, I have no answer, since in my case I am not re-using the original guts.

Paul Metzger
K6EH

On Apr 28, 2007, at 20:48, Jim Cicirello wrote:

Hi Paul,

I have been following this post as I have a stationmaster to disassemble. Did you take a large torch to the top metal point while the guts were pulled away from the tip? When you go to reassemble, is there anything that needs to be heated again on the top?

Thanks Jim

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Repeater- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Metzger
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 9:59 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Stationmaster Disassembly

I had to take a large propane torch to the the of mine just last week in order to get it apart.

Paul Metzger

K6EH

On Apr 27, 2007, at 12:54, Steve Hutzley wrote:

Folks,

We took down the 220 MHz "Phelps Dodge Model 200" Stationmaster off our tower to see if it can be rescued. There is no gel-coat left on it at all.

I got the three screws around the perimiter of the mounting tube (aluminum) out, I found a stainless set screw in the copper tip. I also found three 7/16" hex head bolts around the perimiter of the RF connector. It appears that there is some sort of rubber bladder inside the mounting tube as well.

Any clues, tips, ideas or suggestions so we can see what the internals look like before we go to the trouble of re-gelling it?

Thanks
Steve

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.