-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nate Duehr

I'm curious to see if:

1. You're seeing the majority of failures in PA's.
2. If you're seeing other failures of some sort.  (That would be odd to me,
at least from our experiences with them here.)

Well, I've had the PA fail about three times in the 12 years I've been
maintaining it.  The last time I rebuilt it all from scratch and added a
couple of fans.  Most recently the pots on the repeater audio board failed
and had to be replaced.  After that I've been having trouble getting it to
key reliably via the remote keyer.

The main thing is that they are for a commercial/government agency with the
lack of replacement parts available, its time to update.  We also have
coverage issues because over the years our area has grown so it's just a
natural thing to put in new stuff.

Curiosity kills the cat... and what we REALLY want to know, is just where DO
you Safari, Safari_Tim?  :-) :-) :-)

LOL..  My first travel trailer model was a Safari..

Anyway, I'd say that the Magic 8-Ball says that most folks seem to be having
pretty good luck with Moto, M/ACom, and Kenwood these days.  It says, "Ask
Again" whenever I ask it about EF Johnson, Icom, Yaesu/Vertex, right now.
(Oh lord, I can hear the keyboards typing up the flames now.  Time to go don
my Nomex underwear.)

I've been asked to help spec out the new equipment and I've been stuck in a
radio time warp for the last 12 years maintaining these Master II's.  So I'm
just looking for some direct experience with the new stuff as far as
reliability and serviceability as well.

It's been an interesting discussion!

-Tim