Paul Finch wrote:
   I just completed a crossband repeater for a
> balloon launch built out of Johnson's old HT line of radios.  Weighs 10
> ounces without batteries, the controller adds about 2 I think.
>
> Paul
> WB5IDM

587/589's? I remember them! I remember one customer that had a fleet of
579's (VHF), probably a couple hundred. They were a wholesale nursery,
and we caught them several times using the radios as a hammer to pound
stakes in the ground.
Biggest issue was the little cap that went from the PC board up to the
antenna connector, and the connector itself coming loose. We wound up
soldering the nut to the thread on a lot of them.
--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL

<*> Your email settings: