> Actually, how about if 1* mutes DTMF to the *LINK* transmitter?  Or even
> DROPS the link tx? Then none of the other sites would hear any DTMF,
> except for the 1*?

I started the design that way, but then quickly realized that if someone
figured out the 1* was actually "doing" something, they could just enter
12345* and trigger the command on ALL repeaters in the network at the same
time.  Bad juju... there would be dragons lurking there!

I also thought about using a logic out/logic in hardwire to trigger a
state "ready for commands" somehow thinking I could make it simpler, but
couldn't figure out how to make that work correctly without different
codes per-site to turn that on... which is what he was trying to avoid.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X