I'm curious how they got the auto patches to work with
the cell phones, the wire pin-outs and so on. I do
suppose it wouldn't be such a daunting task if one
figured out for the digital phones that have data
cables with DB-9 connectors. I would like to be
enlightened from someone out there has done it before
for the analog phones.

The bag phones actually have a lot of useful parts in
them, with just a few modifications, they can be
readily made for 902MHz operation. Before I got
deployed to waste-land Iraq (you can see many pictures
of how trashy the cities are) I was working on one
such myself. Granted they may not be for someone who
has the money it to just go buy a 900MHz machine
because of the time involved, but it is fun to work
with these.

I'm also working on a project to make a full duplex
and simplex voice operation in the 900MHz amateur
band. One does learn alot when accomplishing such a
task. http://www.qsl.net/n9zia is such a site devoted
to things such as these. Very, very informative.

I've got *several* bag phones and once out of the army
(12 hour days and you wanna come home and just spend
the little time with the family) and have a normal
10-6 life, I am going to pursue on a large scale
working on the conversions. I'm happy I brought
several of my books over here to learn about this neat
stuff...

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ

~Ben, KB9LFZ

Got your radio on and "listening?"
Then KEY the radio and and make some noise!

Keep Amateur Radio Alive - USE IT DAILY!!!