joe
From: Tony VE6MVP <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:tony%40ve6mvp.com>>
> What province and what cell phone provider? Have you a definite shut down
> date for the analog phone service by your provider?
>
> I've been hearing the same rumours about Telus here in Alberta. Last I
> heard a local dealer asked Telus about this. They laughed and said they
> had way too much business on analog to shut it down. Especially by the oil
> patch folks out in the boonies.

Tony

Re: [Repeater-Builder] bag phone for repeater 911
From:
Tony VE6MVP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 00:26:24 +0000
To:
Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com

To:
Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com

A friend of mine has a cabin in rural Canada. I connected a bag phone to a 900Mhz cordless phone using the Motorola interface they used to sell. He put the bag phone up high in the top floor of the cabin and takes the cordless phone around with him (even out on the boat). It works great, but will not as soon as they shut down analog. He has a heart condition and needs the phone. I don't know what we will do, as we needed the 3 watt phone and mag mount antenna to get reliable service.