Re: Fluke Multi-Meters

To quote a good friend Geoff...

"If it's a good meter it must be a Fluke."

I still have a working Fluke 77 and it's a great meter. But we also
have the 85, 87 & 179 series meters in use. Actually I have a Fluke
SM-77 Meter by Heathkit... where Heath relabeled the 77 at the top
and for a time sold it cheaper than anyone else.

If you pop the front end mov Fluke will sell you a replacement as
well as a real Service Manual.

The diode test function alone is worth the price. If you ever do
Radio DC Remotes the mA current function can save the day. The
original 77 had probably the best low current scale/range.

But always keep an analog meter handy.  If you work in a wet location
or try to test some types of transformer (inductive) windings they can
and do often go crazy.  Wet meters faces often read/hunt front panel
moisture as resistance. They also hunt around reactive loads that
analog meters don't have nearly the problem with...

If you buy one of the more practical Fluke meters "you'll never go
back".

cheers,
skipp

<http://cgi.ebay.com/Fluke-87-Handheld-Digital-True-RMS-Multimeter_W0QQitemZ190114922987QQihZ009QQcategoryZ25412QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>