  From: Gary
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 11:13 AM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Multimeter

  In that price range, a Fluke 179 will do nicely. If you can find a clean,

  working Fluke 87 III or 87 V under $200 get it instead. If you can find a

  clean, working Fluke 189 that would be the best of my suggestions to get.

  As a beta tester for Fluke I have thoroughly tested these and other
  models in very
  rough and hazardous industrial environments with no failures. They're not
  for everyone but you've made a good choice looking for a Fluke first. If
  you haven't already I'd recommend getting familiar with the IEC1010
  standard by which many high end mulitimeters are now rated for safety.
  Fluke has an excellent application not available on this entitled "The
  ABCs of Mulitmeter Safety". If you've never seen an unrated or worse a
  rated but untested brand X meter blow up then you may want to look
  through their training videos as well, it's a real eye opener for those
  who use those inexpensive, unrated meters on AC power systems. All
  current Fluke DMMs are catagory rated per IEC1010.
  Gary