I would have to disagree with that statement. AFAIK, The Mini-ITX
motherboard format calls for the regular ATX style power connector,
requiring most of the same voltages as a regular size ATX motherboard
(sometimes they drop the -5). What most mini-ITX solutions vendor do is
provide something like this product
<http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/it.A/id.417/.f?sc=8&category=13> , which is a
DC-DC power supply that runs from a wide range of DC input voltages and
plugs right into the ATX power connector on the motherboard. Most of the
smaller form factor motherboard don't need much more than 80-90 Watts to
run, leaving a little left over for a CD drive or something. Check out
mini-box.com and mini-itx.com for ideas.

OTOH, there are motherboard manufacturers that provide single voltage mobos,
but these are generally custom products intended for the deep-embed market,
rather than the general small pc market.

We use a single voltage custom PC motherboard product from this guy:
http://pcengines.ch/

Since our product is a proprietary device, it doesn't show up on his site,
but essentially we needed a lowend pc (~300MHz) with six comm ports. He
fixed us right up.

...~Steve> KB4OID