Joe,

Doing it on the repeater or base freq would allow other users to open
the gate if one did not have the code.  I like the garage door
approach, but having longer range has it advantages and of course
disadvantages.

I should ask, do the users now have DTMF mikes.  These are not cheap,
but easy to install.

73, ron, n9ee/r

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But, if I did this, it would not be an "off the shelf" product and
I would end up being the support repair for the units. There may be
several of them.

> They want to use the talk around frequency to activate the gate.
>
> joe
> From: "Dick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Joe:
> >
> > Probably one of the cheapoest ways to do this would be to get an
el cheapo
> > rptr controller and connect it to a VHF rcvr.  The company can
then buy DTMF
> > mikes for their radios.  If it were me, I'd set up a separate VHF
freq or
> > the same
> > freq with a different PL for the gate actuator.  I prefer the
seprate freq
> > so they
> > won't broadcast the gate actuator code all over the world.
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > Dick W1NMZ

Something with a