--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Mike Morris WA6ILQ
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Look for a GM300 as opposed to a Maxtrac. The GMs have
> a "channel steering" option that can be enabled in the RSS
> and by grounding selected pins in the 16-pin jack on the
> back you can binary select 8 or 9 (I think) channels... using
> three or four bits in a binary pattern.
>
> So take a UHF Maxtrac or GM300 and a high band GM300 and get
> a few connector parts from DigiKey...

Thanks for all this info.  Looks like I have some reading to do.  If I
get a UHF GM300 will I be able to do this with a VHF Maxtrac?  I am
trying to do this without spending much money on radios since I have a
bunch comming for free.  Plus It will be kind of cool to finaly get
the HT220 back on the air to trip the repeater.