Sorry for the confusion... Maybe I wasn't very clear on my post. First
 of all, my Micor is a repeater station, unified chassis.

I performed this mod:

For the Transmit Exciter, you have a choice:
1.)  To enable the exciter all the time, connect pin 19 to pin 20 on
the top row of 30 {transmitter} interconnect board pins that come
through the backplane.  These are the 3 sets of 10 pins sticking
through the backplane board on the top.  Pin 19 is F1 channel element
select and pin 20 is ground.
2.)  For those who don't care to have the transmitter oscillator
running all the time, you can use the (switched ground) logic provided
by the Station Control Card that was originally intended to drive the
antenna change-over relay to key the exciter channel element during
PTT.  The Station Control Module Modification explains how to do this.
 Ensure that you place the transmit and receive channel elements into
their respective F1 positions.

 SO NO, the exciter itself is not on until the repeater is keyed up..
I have a bird & dummy load on the exciter (no PA) and I have about 2.5
Watts out when the repeater is keyed up. BUT with the mod in place, I
have no power out to the bird, but do have a signal (which I'm calling
the oscillator). Is this mod just for the base station and not the
repeater station? I don't see any performance difference with the mod
in or out. (other than the signal floating around :) )

Thanks everyone,

Jordan