Mostly correct but an isolator could be thought of as a device to "clean up
a transmitter" too. An isolator provides a flat 50 ohm load to the
transmitter no matter what kind of load the antenna or duplexer may present.
Sometimes transmitters get a little "squirrelly" and generate spurs when not
seeing a flat 50 ohms.

A bandpass filter is not only a good idea to have after an isolator, it is a
must have device. Or a low pass filter in place of the bandpass filter as
isolators generate strong harmonics that need to be filtered.

73
Gary  K4FMX