Re: TS64 as repeater controller

I've seen a number of basic repeater systems using an encoder and
decoder board as in-between controller interface. A poor man's
repeater was a pretty common sight back in the 70's & 80's. I also
see a lot of back-to-back repeaters with not much of a controller
installed.

Craig, you should drop the radio transmit power down to less than 10
watts. A flat pack duplexer will promise the moon, but deliver not
so great results with more than 15 to 25 watts rf output. So your
system set to less than say... 12 watts "migh help" with the stutter
problem if it's related to rf desense. However, some mobile radio
receivers won't work really well for repeater service dpending on
how their front ends are constructed.

Going through the system with a good quality service monitor will
help a lot. Check the duplexer tuning first and finish up with the
proper (audio) levels. Another source of stutter might be the ctcss
decoder (detection/audio input) levels.

cheers,
s.

> "fxbuilder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies.  We checked for desense before a
> while back,  If I remember correctly it wasn't a problem.

How did you check for desense?

> But... It could also be an antenna location problem  It is in a
> tree with the antenna sitting up among the upper most branches.
> I've seen some discussions that say this wouldn't be a big
> problem though I myself have wondered if the branches are causing
> some type of desense problem.

The branches might cause increased reflected power, which may come
back to both the receiver and transmitter as a source of problematic
rf.