That (isolator in place of tee) is how moto configured their Q package
UHF Med Radio.  The receive port gets the receive signal plus reflected
energy that the preselector bounced back...never heard of that damaging
an isolator, matter of fact, aside from burning up too small loads or
lightning, I have never run into a damaged isolator, but I am sure there
are instances - I have 14, 800 mhz smr boxes, and 80, 800 EDACS
stations, plus 30 something UHF repeaters,  I can only recall one piston
capacitor failure on a telewave dual junction job.  Steve NU5D.