Hi everyone.  Don't post often but I ran into a slight problem and
can't seem to find an answer and thought that I'd ask in the group of
some of the Quantar technicians for some guidance.

I have what I would call a partial Quantro which is pretty much
complete minus the power supply and final amplifier section.  I also
have a Quantar chassis, the gold colored one, with a power supply.
What I've done is taken all the components out of the Quantro chassis
and placed them into the Quantar chassis.  I changed out the firmware
to a Quantar simm I had as well in the SCM.  Now, when I power it up,
I immediately get a power supply failure LED coming on.  If I remove
the Quantro PA unit, which looks to be more like a small low power
driver and not your typical 100 watt PA assy., everything fires up and
starts proving out but of course fails because now there is no PA.
So, my question is should this PA assy., which I think is maybe 5 to
25 watts max as it has no real cooling fins, work in the Quantar
chassis?  Is the PA for the Quantro I have majorily different than a
Quantar?  Is it possible there is an incompatibility between a Quantar
modules backplane board and that of a Quantro?  Or, do I maybe just
have a dead and shorted out low power PA module?  The exciter shold be
okay as I don't get a fault on it.  This is a UHF low split and I'd
like to see if I can get it working somehow.  ANy help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AJ