The First time I got Shocked at about 16 yrs Old now 60, I had a Regency
Tunable scanner/Receiver had a Vibrator Sometimes it would not work. But if
you would bang on it would. So I got a Hacksaw and cut the Cover off
thinking I could fix it,

 I put power on it and Heck it was only 12 Volts, I could hold that in my
hand and never got shocked

So the Old vibrator was not working I just put my Finger in it and pushed a
little well it started working and I got knocked on my Butt Hurt like heck,
I will never forget that and I learned at a young age to respect
Electricity.

Yes we know we are getting old when we recall seeing Equipment like this

I recall many Yrs ago giving a Guy who was a Ham a jump Start Because he had
a old Motorola in the Trunk on 6 Meters it had a Dynamotor Power Supply.

Happy Repeater Building

Don KA9QJG