Coax losses are mainly due to LC values.  If just I^R then losses would be same
for low and high frequencies.  One finds little R in most coax although there
are some and yes some losses due to it.

The losses of parrallel lines with small wire are much less due to much less C
between the conductors due to much less surface area between the conductors.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Jesse Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2007/08/26 Sun PM 01:08:49 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Duplexers

>Braided coax does radiate a little, there is no such thing as 100% braid.
>Thats why in the cable TV industry they have to use double braided coax in the
>headend, otherwise you can have a hell of a mess of stray RF in there.
>
>Coax loss is due to I^2R losses and radiation (and connector loss but thats
>not really part of the cable).
>

>On 8/26/07, skipp025 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> "Jeff DePolo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Line losses go up with VSWR, but coax doesn't radiate unless
>> there are currents flowing on the shield, and those aren't
>> a function of VSWR on the line.
>
>Wait a minute Jeff... what about that crappy low cost silver jacket
>Super-flex Columbia branded coax I bought back in the 70's during
>the CB boom...
>
>Some of the cheaper coax brands have less than about 70% shielding
>making them pretty leaky to rf.  It works just killer for adding a
>little extra signal horse-power to a carrier current broadcast
>station. Radiax without trying...
>
>:-)
>
>cheers,
>skipp