At 07:08 PM 10/24/07, you wrote:
>Anyone with any experience turning a VHF PURC 5000 into a repeater?
>
>Randy

The PURC5000 is a transmit-only version of an MSF5000 intended for
paging service.
There are no receiver components in the RF drawer, or if they are
there, they are crossband.

The two PURCs I've seen were 75mhz to 150mhz, and
wireline-to-900mhz (a leased phone line feeding a modem, and the
digital output fed the transmitter).

A friend of mine is converting a 900mhz PURC (one with no receiver)
into a 900mhz repeater and he chose to go the easy way and install
a 900mhz Micor aux receiver (in it's own chassis) and duplexer.

I suggest that you go to the repeater-builder Motorola page and look
at the MSF page for some background info.

Mike WA6ILQ