Hi Don,

The quick answer is no yes no.  The long answer is,
On the low band Compa-Station the output power control Board samples
the VSWR on the output and folds back, the gain of the pre-driver in
the power amplifier when the VSWR gets too high compared to the current
draw of the final transistors.
On a low bay and mobile.  The antenna matching board is used to adjust
the VSWR on the output and there is a directional coupler that you can
attach a test set meter to.  But there is no feedback to the power
amplifier.  The power amplifier has a thermocouple which is located on
the heatsink, that is connected to a relay that shorts out a winding in
the coupling transformer between the driver and a final transistors.
Thus reducing the drive to the final transistors when the heatsink gets
too hot.

The VHF Compa-Station and mobile radios use the same circuitry.  Which
is a directional coupler on a power control Board that samples VSWR on
the output port and folds back the gain of the pre-driver in the power
amplifier when the VSWR compared to the current draw of the final
transistors gets to high.

UHF Compa station and mobile radios use the same system, but wired a
little differently.  They sample the return of loss on the isolation
port of the circulator and compare it to the current draw of the final
transistors of power amplifier.  If the return loss on the isolation
port of the circulator gets too high compared to the current draw of
the finals.  The power control Board, folds back the gain on the
predriver of the power amplifier chain.

Gregory AC6VJ