I guess that is where it is - in all parts. You need at least one
control point - be it local or remote, and if remote, it has to be...

Can anyone finish the path to where it requires the remote control point
to be wireline or radio (on an AUX frequency, not the input)? I know the
rules about AUX frequencies, and the provisions for those. I just cannot
make the connection that requires the control point to be an AUX station
or landline.

I know there is a specific rule that only ancilliary operations may be
performed on the input.

I had a guy at a meeting last night who wants to get rid of the
'expensive' phone line. I told him it was required for control of the
repeaters. He asked where that was in Part 97, and I didn't have an
answer for him. This is why I'm asking the question.

His answer is to let the control operator drive to the club to control
the repeater. (nobody lives within 3 minutes, and even if they did, that
person would always have to be home.

Joe M.