  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric Lemmon
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 7:39 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] RC-96 Controller Problem

Bryon,

Thanks for the response. I hadn't thought about EEPROMS having a finite
lifetime- but it sounds reasonable. This RC-96 controller has been in
service for just over 16 years.

I should have mentioned that, once I disconnected the power to the RC-96 and
reconnected it about 20 seconds later, it responded with the expected
"Controller Ready" announcement. It seemed to be behaving well at that
point, but I took it back to the shop for "forensic investigation" anyway,
rather than walk away thinking everything was okay.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY