  From: Mike Morris WA6ILQ
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] KLN6209A & KLN6210A 123.0Hz

  Which is scary, considering that my primary UHF mobile for years was an
  e-Texas DPS (think "highway patrol") 75w wide--spaced Micor SP radio...
  it had a weird PL section that had 12 encode and 12 decode reed
  sockets ... it had a diode matrix so if you had several channels
  that used the same reed you only needed one physical reed.
  And even with 12 encode and 12 decode sockets the PC boards were
  only partially stuffed - they were laid out and etched for 20 of each.

  Let's see - 24 reeds at $75 each= $1800 just in reeds.

  Mike