A friend of mine has a Motorola R1225 repeater that is as deaf as a fence
post.

We've tried re-tuning the original duplexer and replacing it with another
known-good duplexer. We even tried separating the antennas, although we
could only get about 30' of vertical separation between the two.  Nothing
seems to work - and at 150mW on an HT, I can only get about 30' away from
the repeater antenna before I cannot access it.  4W will give me a range of
about 100 yds.

Does anyone have the manual for this machine?  If so, I'd be much obliged
for a copy of any receiver tune-up procedures.  I hate to think this thing
is junk.

Thanks in advance,

Mark - N9WYS