Hi Nate,

>Pet peeve alert: Controllers seem to add features, but they're far
less useful on-site for "control" as they are for "remote  control".

I  suppose it's a cost vs. necessity thing, since no  one's at the site most
of the time. But we've learned about LEDs  -- not only do they help when
troubleshooting, but controllers sell  better with blinky lights.. :-)

>Why AREN'T there some push-buttons on the  front of these things that
are software inputs to toggle things, etc... no  one seems to ever do
that! And now that I think about it, I wish I'd have  thought of that
sooner, for mentioning to the S-Com guys! Oh  well!)

Or, bring your laptop.

>Hey speaking of "forgetting" the switch -- Dave and Bob were talking
about adding a feature to the 7330 once, that sounded nifty. If a
transmitter were disabled, since the front panel LED's are software
controlled, they were talking about having any disabled TX port flash
at  a constant rate. Close up the M2 after using Kevin's disable
switch mod, you  can't see the switch.

Turn the TX off in the controller, you'll see it as  you're closing up
the Station/rack/the Station/rack/<WBR>room door/whatever on th

It's on the bottomless to-do list.

73,
Bob

products.