Eric,

The C44CXB7106BT model number breaks down as follows:

C = Compa-Station
4 = 40 watt output power
4 = 406-512 MHz Range (but, see below)
CX = MSF Digital Capable
B = 120 VAC Primary Voltage
7 = Programmable Squelch
1 = 25 kHz Channel Spacing
0 = N/A, always zero
6 = Tone Remote Control
B = Version Code
T = Repeater Station

The model number does not tell you what frequency range it is:  Range 1,
403-435 MHz, or Range 2, 435-475 MHz.  Look for a number stamped on the
power amplifier; if the number is TTE1521A, the station is in Range 1, and
if the number is TTE1522A, it is Range 2.  You can also look for a number on
the RF Tray.  If you see the number TUE2001A, it is Range 1, and if it is
TUE2002A, it is Range 2.

The Basic Service Manual for the MSF5000 is Motorola Part 6881092E05, and is
still available from Motorola Parts for about $45.  Unfortunately, the
detailed service manual for UHF stations, 6881092E80, was recently cancelled
and is NLA.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY