For a short time it's very interesting to hear a quarter kilowatt
repeater in one location across the country compete with another
fire-bottle machine many thousands of miles away, which includes
a box or two outside the US.   Of course a few of them are not
using ctcss.

cheers,
s.

> "Paul Plack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure more 10m pairs are really needed. When the band is
open, 50 pairs would all have heterodynes. When the skip closes down,
few hams use 10 FM locally.