Hello All,

I am putting up a UHF repeater in Seattle and have a question
regarding feedline losses.    The repeater site is on top of a
building and the distance from where the repeater/duplexer will be
located is less than 25 feet of coax distance away from the antenna
mount.

Of course I would like to reduce the system losses as much as possible
so I'm willing to pay for ~25 feet of 7/8" Heliax.  However my
question is more about the loss experienced with inter-series
connectors in the feedline.

The 7/8" Heliax is not very friendly to bend and route into the
cabinet for direct connection to the duplexer, so every repeater I've
seen has a short chunk of something more friendly like RG-214 going
from the duplexer, through the cabinet, and then joins to the Heliax
with some kind of N-male/N-male adapter.

What kind of signal loss occurs through such an adapter at 442mhz?  On
such a short run am I losing more signal through a Male/Male adapter,
such that I just may be better off running a single segment of RG-214
the entire 25 feet?

As far as I can tell, 25 feet of RG-214 would be about 1.28 dB of
loss, while 25 feet of LDF5-50a Heliax would be as low as 0.2 dB, but
if a single Male/Male adapter causes anything close to 1 dB of loss
than it seems like a wash to me...

Thanks for any advice.

73 and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Mark Hagler