This may bit a bit OT, but If I post on any of the Digital groups I
will be flamed by pro-Dstar guys to no end...

I was sitting in the library (you know - the one with the brite white
shiny furnature?) this morning reading the latest QST and checking
out the review on the ICOM RC-9500 communications reciever. Several
times people here on the group have recommended using something like
that for tracking down interference problems.

I did find one thing intresting- for Digital they have an optional
board that will allow you to recieve P25 transmissions.

Can this be? Do the marketing guys at Icom not talk to the Engineers?
No optional D-star board?

Helps me along on my thinking of converting to some type of digital
(somewhere down the road)- don't go against the commercial and public
safety mainstream. Now to justify the cost of a Quantar mixed
mode.....

Happy Holidays!
Tom
W9SRV