living and working at ground zero so to speak has advantages and
disadvantages. we dont have to deal with pagers and alot of other
interference that alot of you deal with. on the other hand cell phone
service in this county is poor at best. most all repeater owners as
well as local hams have a working relationship with wes. once we get
a freq. from sera we have to get it cordinated by his group. it is
all but impossible to meet their limits in close so a repeater owner
has to sign a paper saying that he would shut down the repeater when
asked to do so. that does not happen often, but is the only way to
have a repeater. around the area we have 6 meter, 2 meter, 220 and a
440 machine. it might be real hard to get a machine above 440 here.
we have a radio club here and about 100 tickets in our county but as
everywhere else about only 15 percent or so active. if any of you
ever come near Greenbank stop in and say hello and visit the tour
center. we have a group of hams that work here as well and we would
be happy to meet ya all !!

                     pat schaffner-kc8cse
                      pocahontas co. wv